The consortium will design and implement three outputs:
LET’S STAY TOGETHER!
AWARENESS RAISING MATERIAL ON A WHOLE FAMILY APPROACH FOR YOUNG CARERS
A set of resources (including posters, leaflets and videos) to raise awareness:
• to young carers about the importance of understanding more about their parent or family member’s illness, discuss it in the family, and find a supportive adult to talk to.
• to parents and family members to help them understand how caring for someone who has an illness, disability, mental problem or an addiction problem can affect these children and young people’s lives,
• to youth workers and other professionals to raise awareness and help them understand the impact of young caring and what they could do to better support these young people with a whole family approach.
- Open the section to download the materials
- Together: A Whole Family Approach for Young Carers (Professional Guide)
TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!
TRAINING SEMINAR FOR YOUNG CARERS AND THEIR SIGNIFICANT ADULTS
A workshop to encourage positive communication and mutual support between young carers and adults of the family.
The workshop will be organized in three parts: one dedicated to youth and one dedicated to adults (that will run in parallel) and then a third session where the two groups will be together.
TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER! Training seminar for young carers and family members
(Guide for workshop implementation)
TOGETHER WE CARE
TRAINING FOR PROFESSIONALS
This resource is a multi-language (English, Italian, German and Greek) online training course, freely accessible by a dedicated online platform, aimed to professionals interested to learn on how to adopt a whole family approach with young carers.